A World Away
20 Captain Charlies Court Bald Head Island, NC 28461
A World Away is a wonderful hidden gem nestled in the forest near the lighthouse but close to the marina and a short walk to dining, shopping the community boat dock and the chapel. It's a lovely reverse floorplan with two master suites: one on the lower floor and one on the upper floor. A modern living space offers carefree living with views of Old Baldy from the upper deck. Great for families, this home features a second living space perfect for the kids to hang out. Screened porch is a wonderful place to relax after a long day on the beach.
For information on BHI club access and rates, visit their website bhiclub.net.
For information on the Shoal's club access and rates, visit their website at shoalsclub.net
Rents Sunday to Sunday in the summer. Enter a Sunday to get a summer rate.
We do not inventory items in the garage and are unable to provide information about bikes, boogie boards, etc.
- Sleeps: 12
- Dog Policy: Pets Not Allowed
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4.5
- Extras: Four beach chairs, gas grill, kcup and drip coffee, high chair, pack and play
- Closest Beach Access: Closest beach access:
- House Location: Forest
- Bed Sizes: 1K, 1K, 1Q, 2BB (with full beds on the bottom)
- BHI Club: BHI Club optional (available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Shoal's Club: Shoals Club optional (available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Rental Range: $1,500/week - $4,500/week
- Dog Friendly: No
- Golf Privileges: Yes
- Golf Carts: One four-passenger and one six-passenger golf cart
- LocationField: Bald Head Island
- Turnover Day in Summer: Sunday to Sunday
We enjoyed our week in this home. It was the perfect size and arrangement for our family of 12. The kitchen was very well equipped making it easy to prepare meals. The screened porch was nice to have. It was a great house for our group! – John 6/27/21
With a view of Old Baldy off the deck, this house delivers a great family experience. The layout lets kiddos have space to themselves while the adults relax. The spacious kitchen can handle “serious” cooking and offers plenty of food storage. Lots of pool and beach toys on the property. This house is close to BHI Club and South Beach, as well as Marina, shops, and restaurants. But since driving the golf cart is half the fun of a trip to BHI, it’s no sweat to cross the island for other fun stuff. We highly recommend staying here! -Charles 6/20/21
A World Away was a great house for our group. With 4 teenagers, the set-up downstairs was perfect for us. Great customer service and great house! – Laura 6/13/21
The home has a great layout, it’s very clean and had everything we needed! Tiffany and her team were great to work with. – William 7/19/20
The house is lovely. We have worked with you many times over the years with some really fine properties but a World Away is really well designed and the kitchen was the best equipped we have seen. I’m the cook, so I really appreciate this. – Shawn 3/30/20
- Tax of 12.75%, parking, ferry and club membership options not included in rental rate.
- Rental rates include departure cleaning and linens (except beach towels).
- Our homes are not available for less than three nights at any time.